Let me start by saying something you already know – Krakow has been a magnet for tourists for a long time. Can you resist the allure of the Royal Wawel Castle, the St. Mary’s bugle call resonating every hour, the iconic Cloth Hall or the bustling market square? I think not! To truly soak up the aura of this city, I’m convinced you’ll need a hotel close to the Old Town in Krakow. But how to go about this, you ask?
Staying in the Krakow’s Old Town
Imagine waking up in the heart of Krakow, with the Old Town right at your doorstep. That’s what city center hotels offer, and so much more. They don’t skimp on quality services – from delectable breakfasts served in hotel restaurants to free WiFi, parking, family-friendly and non-smoking rooms.
The Krakow center hotels are quite popular, I can tell you, so it’s worth to say you should book your room ahead of time, especially in high season.
- (€) MR67 Mayera Rapaporta – located in Krakow, just 600 meters from Wawel and less than 1 km from Mariacki Church. It’s only a 12-minute walk to the town hall tower. Here’s the best part: all accommodation options are air-conditioned, and some even have a balcony. In the morning, get ready for a buffet breakfast.
- (€) ❤️ Estera Hotel – This place has a bar and air-conditioned rooms for your comfort. It’s conveniently located just 1.4 km from Mariacki Church. Besides, they offer concierge service. There’s also a restaurant.
- (€) Sky Hotel Krakow – offers lightning-fast check-in and check-out, allergy-free room accommodation, a fitness center, free WiFi in all areas, and a bar. It’s just 700 meters from Lost Souls Alley. They offer room service and have a restaurant on-site. There’s private parking on the property.
They are all known for their modern designs. I am sure These spots can make your weekend trip even more enjoyable. I personally slept in Hilton Kraków and it was amazing too.
Hotel Locations in Krakow’s Old Town
If you’re planning to explore Krakow, being the former capital of Poland, I believe you’re thinking about staying in a hotel. And if you want to enjoy a pleasant evening stroll around the market square or sip coffee in one of the numerous cafes, it’s best to choose a hotel close to the Old Town.
- you should also read this article: The Best Attractions in Krakow – From Castles to Kayaking
Begin your search by checking out online maps that pin the locations of various hotels. See how they stack against the Old Town’s proximity, and choose the ones relatively close by. From this map-based reconnaissance, create a list of hotels that catch your interest for a more detailed review.
Hotel Search Engine
Or, if you need a more straightforward approach, use a specialized search engine on a hotel website. These usually belong to hotel chains that group various brands together. Just enter the details such as location, stay duration, guest count, and your preferred amenities. The web application will do the rest, returning offers that fit your specifications.
Services to Look For
A decent hotel should offer more than just a comfy bed. So, it’s worth noting if they have Wi-Fi with good coverage, not just at the reception. Also, check if breakfast is included. Remember, a great hotel complements your experience in charming Krakow.
My Suggested Places to Stay in the Old Town?
Out of 52 options I checked, again, these are best places to stay in Old Town (in my humble opinion):
- (€) MR67 Mayera Rapaporta – is situated in Krakow, a mere 600 meters away from Wawel and less than 1 km from Mariacki Church. The town hall tower is only a 12-minute walk away, making it a convenient location.
- (€) ❤️ Estera Hotel – a comfortable stay with air-conditioned rooms and a bar for your enjoyment. Conveniently located just 1.4 km from Mariacki Church, the hotel also offers concierge service to cater to your needs. Additionally, there’s a restaurant on-site.
- (€) Sky Hotel Krakow – offers a seamless experience with lightning-fast check-in and check-out services, allergy-free room options, and a fitness center. The hotle is located just 700 meters from Lost Souls Alley and provides room service.
Other notable mentions include:
- (€) Krakow Central Apartments: It is a fantastic, budget-friendly modern studio in Krakow, conveniently situated 2 km from the city center, in close proximity to the Old Town and St. Mary’s Basilica.
- (€) ❤️ PURO Krakow Kazimierz: Beautiful and modern-designed, exquisite hotel, perfectly positioned in the heart of Krakow, mere steps away from the castle. Guests can enjoy its excellent amenities, including a gym, bar, and a delightful terrace.
- (€) Hotel Polski Pod Białym Orłem: This charming 4-star hotel located in a highly sought-after area, favored by travelers for its quick access to the castle and market square. Immerse yourself in the spacious, warmly decorated rooms it offers.
Budget-Friendly Options in the Old Town
If you’re watching your budget, there are 7 options in the Old Town according to booking.com. A notable choice is:
- (€) ❤️ Atlantic Aparthotel – a 10-minute walk from Tempel Synagogue. This 3-star hotel offers airport transfers, 24-hour front desk service, and room service.
- (€) Ibis Budget Krakow Stare Miasto is another cost-friendly choice with round-the-clock services. Other affordable options include Shalom Kazimierz, Laiko Apartments, and Cdr.
Family-Friendly Hotels in the Old Town
If you’re hunting for a family hotel in the Old Town district, consider booking at the hotels I describe below. Also, I suggest that you read more about things you can do with children in Kraków: Let the Fun Begin – Krakow’s 10 Best Children Playgrounds
Hotels that are convenient for your family stay in Old Town are:
- (€) Residence Tournet – Nestled in Krakow’s Jewish district of Kazimierz. I know you’ll love the vibrant and affordable rooms there, with free Wi-Fi to boot. And it’s only 1.2 km from the historic Main Market Square and 400 meters from Wawel Royal Castle. Traveling to the city’s main railway station, Kraków Główny is a breeze, just 2 km away and easily accessible by public transport.
- (€) ❤️ B&B La Fontaine – Imagine being at the heart of Old Town in Krakow, at the corner of the Main Market. The rooms and apartments there provide free WiFi, a bathroom, satellite TV, a fridge, and a microwave. Nestled on the 2nd and 3rd floors of a historic building, some even give you views of the Main Market or the street.
- (€) Antique Apartments – Get lost in the spacious apartments of Antique housed in a beautiful 19th-century building right in the heart of Old Town in These apartments offer a well-equipped kitchenette, a relaxation area, and free wireless internet. Antique Apartments Plac Szczepański is a mere 140 meters from the Main Market, with many cafes, restaurants, and atmospheric pubs right at your doorstep. And if you need a breath of fresh air, the famous Planty park is just a minute’s walk away.
Best Pet-Friendly Hotels in Kraków Old Town
If you are planning a trip to Krakow with your dog or car, you need to know about the pet-friendly hotel options in Old Town. Let me say, booking.com provides you with three splendid options. You can choose from the cozy and comfortable:
- (€) ❤️ Wawel Queen – If you’re traveling with your furry friends, let me tell you about Hotel Wawel Queen in Krakow. They welcome both dogs and cats! The hotel offers air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi, room service, and a private parking space for your convenience. You’re also covered with a 24/7 reception, an on-site restaurant, and a terrace. Let’s not forget the bar to wind down after a day of sightseeing.
- (€) Platinia Apartments – In the heart of Krakow, a mere 600 meters from St. Mary’s Church, lies Apartamenty Platinia. Pets are welcomned here! What they offer is comfort – rooms with free WiFi, spread across 3 floors. So, being there, you need to know you can always stay connected while enjoying the city’s vibrant atmosphere.
- (€) Old Town Residence – Next stop is Old Town Residence, a haven for both dogs and cats, right in the center of Krakow. I believe you’ll appreciate the variety of air-conditioned accommodations they provide. What’s worth saying is that it’s just 300 meters from the Lost Souls Alley haunted house and St. Mary’s Church, and a short 600 meters from Florian Gate. And of course, they provide free WiFi throughout the property.
3-Star Hotel Comfort in Old Town
I think it’s worth to mention, that for 3-star hotel enthusiasts, there are quite a few good choices in Stare Miasto. According to booking.com, there are 12 enticing offers to choose from.
- (€) Yarden by Artery Hotels – Rooms are tastefully decorated and classically furnished with a flat-screen satellite TV, telephone, desk, and night tables. Each bathroom comes complete with a shower, hairdryer, and free toiletries. And let’s not forget the view – overlooking the city or the garden. If you need, baby equipment can be arranged too.
- (€) Campanile Cracovie – Imagine waking up in spacious, air-conditioned rooms at Hotel Campanile. Free wireless internet access is available throughout, keeping you connected. In the mornings, a buffet breakfast is served on-site, getting your day off to a great start. And I think it’s worth saying that the hotel’s restaurant invites you to enjoy dishes from French and international cuisine.
- (€) ❤️ Hotel Kazimierz III – I know you’ll appreciate the this design of each room, equipped with a kettle for your hot beverage needs, and a flat-screen TV with cable channels for your entertainment. What’s more, each room comes with a bathroom, where you’ll find slippers and a free toiletry set. Being there, you need to know that every detail is designed for your comfort.
The Charm of 4-Star Hotels in Kraków Old Town
If you’re aiming for a slightly more upscale stay, I am convinced you would love the 4-star hotels in Stare Miasto. There are seven offers listed on booking.com for this category. Let’s take a peek at:
- (€) ❤️ Hotel Santi – Stepping into Hotel Santi, you’ll find yourself in a historic building in Kraków’s Old Town, near the Main Market. This four-star hotel offers classic rooms with free WiFi and a scenic view of the old town that’ll take your breath away. Every room comes equipped with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels and a coffee and tea maker. Each room also boasts a bathroom, with either a tub or shower, free toiletries, and a hairdryer.
- (€) Aparthotel Best Views – This place houses a restaurant. If you want to kickstart your day with a delicious breakfast, remember to reserve it before your arrival. In the same building, there’s a convenience store open 24/7, a jewelry shop, and a currency exchange. Need a car or bike for exploring? You can rent one on site. I believe it’s worth saying that the area is popular with walkers and cyclists. Aparthotel Best Views is situated 500 meters from the Jagiellonian University and 600 meters from the National Museum. The distance to Kraków-Balice airport is only 9 km.
- (€) Kanonicza 22 Hotel – You’ll find the accommodation located on the city’s oldest street offering exceptionally spacious, luxurious apartments. Eaxh of these apartments occupies a separate floor in a restored historic townhouse, where you can marvel at the original period features, including a ceiling from 1688. The elegant apartments at Kanonicza 22 have been individually designed and furnished with unique pieces. And let’s not forget the city views from the windows, making your stay truly memorable.
The Lap of 5-Star Luxury in Kraków Old Town
Booking.com offers three exclusive 5-star options for you to indulge in during your stay in Stare Miasto. One of them is:
- (€) ❤️ Balthazar Design Hotel – Every air-conditioned room comes with a desk, coffee maker, minibar, safe, and a flat-screen TV. Each room also guarantees privacy with its own bathroom equipped with a shower. Every accommodation option also has a kettle. Some rooms even go an extra mile with a patio, while others offer city views.
- (€) Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow – Just a 7-minute walk from the Main Market and Wawel Castle, the five-star Radisson Blu invites you for a memorable stay. It offers spacious, air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi. Plus, if you’re into maintaining your fitness routine even while traveling, you’ll have free access to the sauna and fitness club. I think it’s worth mentioning that every room features a coffee and tea maker and a luxurious bathroom with a bathtub.
Aparthotels in Kraków Old Town – Your Home Away From Home
If you need more space and the comfort of a home, an aparthotel might be what you’re looking for. There is around 103 offers in Old Town. Few best options are:
- (€) HELLO Aparthotels – Located less than a kilometer from the center of Kraków. Every area of this place screams convenience, providing free WiFi all over. You’ll get to have your own flat-screen TV and a private bathroom equipped with a shower and a hairdryer. I can tell, the convenience continues with a kitchenette equipped with a fridge and microwave. I am convinced that you’ll enjoy the garden view from the balcony provided in every accommodation option.
- (€) ❤️ K4 Aparthotel Kraków – Every apartment includes a kitchen with a dining area and kettle, a bathroom with a shower and hairdryer, and a living room fitted with a sofa. Some of them even offer a relaxation area and/or a patio. A restaurant operating onsite offers a wide selection of Polish cuisine. And if you’re gluten-free, vegetarian, or vegan, they’ve got you covered. It’s worth to say, you won’t have to worry about meal options here!
Boutique Hotels in Kraków Old Town
For fans of Boutique Hotels, you can choose from three options in Stare Miasto listed on booking.com as well.
- (€) ❤️ Hotel Polski Pod Białym Orłem: This charming boutique hotel located in old town and is loved by travelers for its quick access to the castle and market square.
Need a Swimming Pool and Jaccuzi in Kraków?
Let’s explore the distinct swimming pool and Jaccuzi offerings of the Hotel Unicus Palace, Hotel H15 Luxury Palace, and the Hotel Ferreus Modern Art Deco. If you’re planning a visit to Kraków and have a swim, this guide is just the ticket to find your perfect lodging.
Each offers a unique blend of comfort, luxury, and thoughtful amenities designed to make your stay unforgettable. From room service to fitness centers, from free WiFi to bars, each hotel ensures your needs are more than catered for.
- (€) ❤️ Hotel Unicus Palace – Located conveniently in the center of Kraków, Hotel Unicus Palace opens its doors for you, offering air-conditioned rooms, a fitness center, free WiFi, and a bar. If you want a little extra comfort, room service is provided, along with a restaurant and a sunny terrace. I believe it’s worth mentioning their spa and wellness center, boasting an indoor pool, sauna, hot tub, and a hammam bath.
- (€) Hotel H15 Luxury Palace – Let’s move on to Hotel H15 Luxury Palace, also nestled in Kraków. They offer concierge service, non-smoking rooms, a garden, and free WiFi throughout the property, not to mention a bar. If you’re into landmarks, the Florian Gate is just steps away. Being there, you need to know about the in-house restaurant, fitness center, indoor pool, and sauna. They also offer room service and round-the-clock reception. Need help organizing trips? The staff’s got your back!
- (€) Hotel Ferreus Modern Art Deco – Lastly, let’s drop by Hotel Ferreus Modern Art Deco. Also comfortably positioned in the center of Kraków, this hotel provides air-conditioned rooms, a fitness center, free WiFi, and a terrace. With a restaurant and bar onsite, food and drinks are covered. I think it’s worth saying, they also offer an indoor pool and sauna. Allow me to explain that they offer the bonus of private parking, just in case you were wondering about vehicle safety.
Free Parking Hotels in Kraków
Now, if you’re driving around Kraków, I can tell you, finding a parking spot in the old town can feel like looking for a needle in a haystack. The city’s age-old streets weren’t exactly designed with cars in mind. So, you might want to consider a place a bit away from the old town hubbub but, let me assure you, equally welcoming and comfortable.
- (€) ❤️ Hotel Nowa Panorama – situated in Łagiewniki, a peaceful district right in the heart of Kraków, this hotel promises a hassle-free stay with its own free parking. What’s more, they have rooms complete with free WiFi. If you need a spot to finish some work or catch up on your favorite shows, every room comes equipped with a desk and a TV. The cherry on top is the private bathroom fitted with a shower in each room. It’s the perfect blend of comfort and practicality, and an ideal choice if you’re keen on avoiding the old town’s parking struggles.